Mabel's Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Funny Little Mabel

Sometimes I can't believe how creative Mabel is. The other day I was sitting at the table working on the computer. She brought over a little bag of toys she had collected and dumped it out onto the table next to me and started playing with them. After a little while, she said, "Look mommy, it's daddy." I looked and she had arranged her random toys into a face. I have never done anything like this with her, she came up with the idea all on her own -- pretty creative little girl.



The other night we had the missionaries over for dinner. She had lots of fun entertaining them. After running around for quite awhile, she wanted to sit down at the table and have a brownie. I helped her get one and sat back down in the family room. A few minutes later, I looked over to check on her, and I found her like this on her chair. She had taken a few bites of her brownie and then got tired I guess. She was fast asleep.




A few more of Mabel's funny moments:
This morning I heard Mabel playing with Elmo in the family room. When Elmo falls down, he says, “can you help Elmo up please”. I heard him say this and then Mabel said very matter-of-fact like, “no”. He asked again and she said, “no Elmo, I can’t”. It just made me laugh hearing her say it so seriously.

The other day she told me, “mommy, daddy is my husband.” I said, “no honey, he is my husband and your daddy.” She insisted that I was wrong and that he was her husband.

During Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, totally out of the blue, Mabel said to me as she pointed to "Grandma Grape", who was sitting next to us, “No, it’s not a monster, it’s a Grandma Grape.”

I have been trying to tell her a few Bible and Book of Mormon stories. She has a few videos of the stories as well. She watched one on Moses a couple weeks ago and the other day she told me that she was a king and she was going to kill Moses. Not sure if she is old enough for some of these stories yet.



No comments: