
Mabel's Blog
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Our Little Witch
When I asked Mabel what she wanted to be for Halloween, she tol me she wanted to be a monster. I waited a few days -- I thought maybe that idea would go away and she'd want to be a princess or something. I actually was trying to get her to be Strawberry Shortcake since I already basically had a costume for her from her birthday or Snow White since her Uncle Howard and cousin Dallas bought her a Snow White dress for her birthday, but no, she insisted on being a monster. A couple weeks ago we got a Halloween costume book ad in the mail with hundreds of costumes in it. I got her to sit down and look at it with me. I figured when she saw all the cute little girls costumes, she would want one of those. I asked her which one she wanted to be. She found a horrific looking monster costume for a teenage boy with a terrible mask and said that that is what she wanted to be. First of all, they don't make costumes like that for 3 year olds (thank goodness) and second of all, even if they did, I was not going to let her wear something like that. After some thinking, I eventually convinced her into a witch -- this way she could still be "scary" and cute. So I got her a little witch outfit and a cheep black wig. And while she thinks she is scary, I think she is pretty cute.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Natalee! That is the exact dress Addie picked out for halloween!!! She says she is a "Princess Witch" tho!!! Awesome!
That is awesome. How fun that they have the same costume. And she's right -- it does look like a princess witch -- I agree.
What a cute little witch!!!
Mabel is so cute! She is quite an adorable witch.
Post a Comment