Mabel's Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Annie

We bought the Movie, Annie for Mabel about a month or so ago. She loves it and watches it all the time. One day Mabel told me that she wanted to be in a play. I thought that was funny because she has never even seen a play. I thought maybe it was time she did. I found out that a local highschool was putting on "Annie" and I thought that would be perfect for Mabel's first play. Fred and I took her to see it, and it was so fun - she love it. We got there early and got great seats. When the lights went down and the music started, she was looking everywhere for Annie. When the first scene came on, she was so excited. Everytime people clapped, she eagerly clapped along with them - she loved that part. When the first scene was over and the stage hands started changing the set, Mabel yelled out - "No, they're taking everything away." I had quietly explained to her what a set change was and that she was not supposed to talk loudly - only whisper. After that, everytime there was a set change, she enthusiastically announced, "Another Set Change." - she loved set changes. When the play was all over and the actors were taking their bows, she got up and tried to run up on stage. Fred caught her and we quickly departed. By the time we got out of the theatre, Mabel was in tears because she wanted to meet Annie. Luckily, Annie was greeting people right outside the theatre. When Mabel saw her, she ran, pushing through all the crowds of people around her and ran right up to Annie and gave her a hug. It was so cute. Mabel was so excited to meet her and I luckily snapped a photo of the moment. Now Mabel wants to be Annie in a play someday. I guess we'll see about that.

1 comment:

Nelli said...

She would make the perfect Annie!